Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Whining and Vomit

I hate whining.
I don't know if this qualifies me as a bad mom, but I cannot stand whining.
And there's been a lot of it around here.  It's to the point I would rather clean up vomit than hear whining.
I. HATE. WHINING.
I know that kids whine to try to wear you down, and see if you're going to stick to your guns.  Jacob especially is really trying it out.  "No, Jacob." It's like a switch turns on: "Mwaaaaaahhhhhh!"  And then the blubbery I-can't-understand-a-thing-you're-saying:  "But Daddy nweaah taan soolllll..... Mwaaaaaahhhh!!!"
Ugh.
It would be different if whining ever worked.  But IT DOESN'T.  So why do they keep trying?


And something that ranks right up there with whining, but probably lower than vomit:  Stupid questions.
The boys walk in, look right at me, where I'm nursing Zadie.
"Where's Zadie?"

GAAAAH!

2 comments:

The Shupaloops said...

I agree! There was a whole meltdown on our walk today from Jack. Every three steps, "I wanna go home!" I had it. We went home and he spent the next hour in his room. I don't know if I have no patience lately, but I really don't care!

~ April Darling said...

Oh my!! I HATE whining too!!! Hope seems to do it morning till night and I want to scream! Seriously?! Why do they do it when it gets them nothing? So sorry your going through this too but am glad it's not just my child doing it.