Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pantyhose Pros and Compression Cons

So there are some good and bad things about having to wear these compression stockings.
Pros:

  1. Obviously, my legs and veins feel better.
  2. I haven't felt my lower body fat jiggle in over a month.
  3. Combined with the hernia belt, these things are keeping the midsection nice and tucked in, so I don't look like I'm as fat as I am.
  4. When I walk for exercise, my stockinged feet slide inside of my socks, giving my calves an extra workout.  (I'm choosing to view this as a pro, rather than the annoyance it actually is.)

Cons:

  1. I'm hot.  All the time.
  2. Since they are so tight, my toes are squeezed together, and I'm worried that after three months in these things, I'm going to have toe problems (similar to the problems caused by wearing high heels).
  3. They put a major damper on my seduction skills.
  4. I have to think twice about anything that touches my feet - whether it's a floor or a pair of shoes.
  5. Whereas there are definite slimming attributes of wearing these under all your clothes, they also cause my pants to ride up and cling in unattractive ways.  I choose to pretend I don't care.
  6. Have you ever tried to take a nap in pantyhose?
I'm sure there's more, but you all just don't care.  I'm at 33 weeks today, so only 7 weeks left!  Baby is 4 pounds and 17 inches.  I am so excited to meet him (her)!

No comments: