Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Twenty-Nine

Birthdays aren't a big deal to me. I don't need to be fussed over, and I don't need presents. If someone gets me something, I'm just as happy (if not more happy) with practical (boring) as a "because I had to get you something" gift.
But it still made me feel special to come home to find Paul and the boys making this:
It's the WalMart version of a Royal Blue Velvet Cake - meaning: Paul went to WalMart to buy the ingredients, but in typical WalMart fashion.... They didn't have what he needed. He needed 8-inch pans, but they only had 9-inch, and they didn't have real food coloring, only gel that apparently can't achieve beyond a pastel hue.
But it was still delicious, and I loved it.

1 comment:

The Shupaloops said...

Happy birthday! I think that is awesome! Chris actually likes to bake and decorate too. And I think that is sweeter than anything else he could do for me. Well, he could get me a bike. I really, really want one. ;)