Friday, April 22, 2011

Spoke Too Soon

After 36 hours on these antibiotics, I announced to Paul: "I think maybe I'm not going to get the metallic-taste-in-your-mouth side effect."
Definitely spoke too soon.
It's not a gross taste, it's just.... Annoying. Like my teeth have a flavor. Or I need to brush my teeth. The nurse warned me not to use mouthwash (or any alcohol) to try to get rid of it - it will make it horrible.

And another thing about these drugs - one says, "May turn urine red." The other says, "If you experience red urine, contact your doctor immediately." Hmm.....

Only 6 more days of them. So far I haven't forgotten.... Three a day of one, two of the other. It really is hard for me to remember.

I researched things to avoid if you have diverticulitis. What the doctor mentioned and most websites, I was fine with... Seedy foods (strawberries, raspberries), nuts, and popcorn. I enjoy all of those, but can live without them. Then one website mentioned tomatoes.

I think I might die if I can't eat tomatoes.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Can't eat them ever? Or following an attack like this? That would be hard.

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

i think it is because of the seeds..... so eat the flesh not the seeds

The Shupaloops said...

I would die without the strawberries and raspberries. I wish you luck woman! And I hope you don't have any flare ups for a very long time. Such a bummer.