Monday, March 2, 2009

"Jesus died on the cross."


Tonight when I was reading to Nathan before bed, we read the story "Jesus Is Arrested and Crucified" out of his Beginner's Bible. When we got to the above page, he just stared at it. I tried to turn the page to finish the story, but he kept turning back to it and talking to the picture and touching it gently. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but it's almost like he could tell it was an important thing. I know he's too young to understand the gospel message, but I told it to him anyways (very simplified). I am so looking forward to the day he asks Jesus into his heart. I hope I am there to witness it.
I will count myself a good parent if my kids grow up to love and serve the Lord, even if I fail at teaching them how to cook or do laundry or clean the bathroom properly.

1 comment:

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

Never underestimate what the Holy Spirit is speaking to your son. I have heard some testimonies of children you believed before the age of 3 and it was real and lasted a lifetime. Nathan is blessed to have parents who care enough to share.
Mom R