Saturday, January 31, 2009

Is it wrong to be this excited?

Nathan is having his first all-nighter tonight, with Grammy and Pa-Pa (my parents). Paul and I are going to a semi-fancy banquet that his plant is having for their 20-year anniversary. We thought if Nathan stayed the night with them, we wouldn't have to worry about hurrying home and could enjoy ourselves a little more.
I am so excited about this! Is that bad?
I don't have to worry that when we get home, he'll be screaming, or that by the time the we finish visiting with the babysitter and they leave, any romantic mood that's been set would be lost.
And OF COURSE I have the mother of all zits on my chin. It's not as huge as it was, but it's definitely red and ugly (I have a picking problem). I had to steal makeup from my sister since my my makeup stash is only for eyes and lips.
But I get to wear my favorite black dress - I bought a new shrug/shawl to go with it since the dress is sleeveless. I'm going to put my hair up, and wear red lipstick, and maybe I'll even remember to put on perfume! I shall be one sexy mama!

(I'd feel a lot sexier if I didn't have to peel off the control top pantyhose in front of him when we get home, and have marks from the seams.... but that black dress ain't happening without them!)

4 comments:

carrie said...

be excited!! you deserve some excitement.

and? total weirdness, but I just noticed on your sidebar that you are reading the same book that Charlie is. I'm always making fun of him for reading that stuff. I guess if you're reading it, then I should leave him alone already.

I honestly didn't think anyone else had ever heard of it.

and? your word verification says "dress"

I'm officially freaked out. thanks

Tiffany said...

Don't feel guilty! We totally need these nights as parents! I almost always get those first date feelings again when we have a night to ourselves...about once a year!

Have fun!

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

No matter what kind of night Nathan gives your folks....leave thoughts of him to them. For Nathan's sake and your own, mom and dad need to keep the fires burning....something I did NOT understand for a long time. Have a great evening. We get one next week.
Mom R

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

PS THansk SOOOOOO much for lending Paul to me today to get me home. I REALLY appreciate the love care and time.
Mom R