Friday, January 23, 2009

Amazingness.

Now, I'm not normally one to photograph my food, but let me show you the best burger I've had in a while.... Perhaps even ever.
Now what we've got here is a quarter pound of lean Eichenberger beef, topped with American cheese, fresh pickles*, sauteed onions (pretty much a whole one), thick-sliced locally raised bacon, and hickory barbeque sauce, on a gourmet bun spread with mayonnaise. (Paul made the "gourmet" buns out of frozen Subway dough we have - I'm not sure what he put in them - they were all different - but I do know they all had parmesan.) Served up with sauteed green beans on the side.
Halfway through, I was so amazed by its amazingness that I had to take another picture.
Hungry yet?
*"Fresh pickles" are an experiment I tried this year. Since all my homemade pickles lose their crunch during processing, I tried just putting fresh cukes in pickle juice and storing them in the fridge. They've been marinating there since September and are DELICIOUS - and much crisper then even a Vlassic.


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That looks yummy! My husband would especially enjoy all the onion.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. The turkey sandwich I just ate pales in comparison... curse you! ;)

carrie said...

pretty sure I'm starving right now.