Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Carrie tagged me on Facebook to do this, but I figured some of my blog readers/non-Facebookers would enjoy it.
I'm not gonna tag anyone, because I'm not sure I know 25 people to tag. But if you think my list is interesting, consider yourself tagged. (Although I do tag Lurenda, because she SERIOUSLY needs to post a new blog!)
My 25 things, in no particular order:
  1. I love to cook - LOVE it. But I can never come up with ideas, so we end up usually having the same 5 dishes... Burritos, Tater Tot Casserole, Chinese Hash, Butter Herb Noodles, and Hamburgers.
  2. I love gardening. But I lack motivation to weed and water in the heat, so my plants usually die.
  3. I am obsessed with plucking my eyebrows and chin hairs. Especially the chin hairs.
  4. I am very confident of how I look, yet at the same time always dissatisfied about my weight.
  5. I love my husband. And have loved him since I was 5.
  6. Sometimes I randomly break out with a song or a sound effect (like a train sound). Because I'm random.
  7. My piano needs tuned badly.
  8. I swore off pop, but my boss brings me a Route 44 Vanilla Dr. Pepper every Monday morning, and I can't make myself tell her to stop.
  9. We want lots of kids - 5 boys and 2 girls. (But more realistically, we'll probably stop at 4 kids - or at least assess the situation then.)
  10. I hope our next baby is a boy. Because I think all little boys need a little brother to be best friends with. And then there will be at least two to protect the little sister.
  11. I love the song "There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly." I have every verse memorized and can't just sing one verse - I have to do all of them.... all 7.
  12. I played violin for a CD recording. (Granted, I was part of a group of like 50, but it still sounds impressive to say that.)
  13. I play (or kind of play) the piano, violin, guitar, mandolin, trombone, and harmonica.
  14. I hate pacifiers for babies. They're okay for, you know, pacifying them, when they're upset or sleepy - but I absolutely hate it when they have to have one in their mouth all the time. Especially when they're 3 1/2.
  15. I will never again have an indoor cat.
  16. Even though I lead worship for church every week, I don't consider myself a particularly good piano player or singer - I know how to do it, so I do it for God's glory, and hope that people can look past me and get a glimpse of God through the music.
  17. I will consider myself a good mother if my children grow up to love Jesus and have a personal relationship with him. Making sure they eat their vegetables and make their bed just isn't as important. (Even though I will try!)
  18. I'm really struggling to find 25 things for this.
  19. I think my husband is totally hot. Freckles and all.
  20. I hate Hate HATE the sensation of biting a fork as you eat. Just thinking about it makes me shudder.
  21. This is taking me longer than I thought and the Route 44 has taken effect, so I am uncomfortable.
  22. I'm totally proud of my husband and the job he's doing as a supervisor at work. He was told by his senior that he's the best CE supervisor he's ever worked with in the 20 years he's been there.
  23. I really appreciate the 12-hour shifts and weird schedule that Paul endures to provide for us, and that he does it without complaining.
  24. I hate figuring taxes, but am too cheap to pay $40 (at least) to have someone else do it.
  25. I think my parents did an awesome job of raising us kids to teach us how to work hard and be honest. They may feel like they didn't know what they were doing, but I think we all turned out good.

1 comment:

carrie said...

ditto on the fork biting thing and the piano tuning thing.

and two of those were complaining about not having 25 things, so keep thinking. I know for a fact there is other randomness lurking in that brain of yours.