Friday, November 14, 2008

I Guarantee You Will Want to Puke Before You're Done Reading

This evening was the grossest experience I've ever had as a Mommy. By far. But not gross as in something I had to clean up.........
I was hurrying, trying to get supper ready before Paul got home tonight. The house was a disaster area - Brutus had found a mouse at like 5 this morning, so I'd pulled everything away from the walls so that he could get behind and under furniture to catch it; then I went back to bed. Shortly after I got up, since Brutus hadn't found it (he would have let me know by bringing it up on the bed - he'd done it before), I pulled the piano out and there was the mouse! Brutus immediately caught it and I picked him up and threw them BOTH outside.
Then Nathan and I left. I did my cleaning job in town, then headed out and spent the rest of the day at my parents' house painting my little sister's old room. It took longer than I anticipated, so I was later heading home than I had planned.
Anyways. We got back home, and like I said the house was a mess. But apparently it looked like a playground to Nathan, because he ran around playing tag with the dog, squealing happily. He'd found a styrofoam coffee cup and was carrying it around, chewing on the lid. Which was fine, as long as it kept him happy and out of my hair while I was cooking, because I also needed to get started on some friendship bread for Paul to take to work for his shift in the morning.
I don't know if Nathan had made a noise, or was being suspiciously quiet, but either way - I went in to check on him and noticed he had something in his mouth. The styrofoam cup was still in his hand, so I figured it was a chunk of that. I put my hand under his mouth, and he immediately spit the contents into my hand. But rather than the white styrofoam, it was something black. Baffled, I examined it closer. Was that..... fur?
Oh no.
I looked around behind the couch, and there was the rest.
The rest of the mouse.
And not only was it a dead mouse, it was a mouse that the cat had eaten, then he'd thrown it up.
And Nathan was chewing on it.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

OH NO!!!.....
I think I would have FREAKED out! Would probably still be freaking out.... What did you do?

Lavonda Pflug said...

I KNOW Tricia would have freaked out! I'm a pretty tough old lady, but I think I might have been out of control too! EEWWWWW!!! (Shiver)

Lavonda Pflug said...

Make sure you put write this down in his baby book. Years from now, when he brings a girl home to meet you, make sure to tell her this story. And when he has children of his own, let them know what their daddy did when he was little!

carrie said...

I'm gagging a little.

Teach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teach said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you take a picture?