Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random Photography

Because I severely lack any inspiration in the writing department, I'll just post some pictures.
Birthday present from Grammy and Pa-pa. We eat breakfast here every morning. (Yes, those tiny chairs have a "weight capacity no more than 200 pounds"!) I figure if he likes sitting here better than his high chair, it's at least teaching him to sit at a table to eat. Even if it does only last half the meal.

He's starting to give hugs. And they make my heart go all gooey. He even has started hugging the cat, and just tonight gave his friend Glenna some very sweet hugs where he put one arm around her and his head on her shoulder. So cute! (And her look of terror of "What mean thing is he going to do to me?!?!" was great, too.)

In case you need a reason, I would never eat food that had fallen on the floor in Dairy Queen. Just in case you were considering.

Apparently we practice the "move your feet, lose your seat" principle here. I went to get a drink while we were watching some TV, and he moved in. And brought the sippy with him.

My friend Carrie calls the popular baby videos "Baby Crack." Pretty much. This was the first time we put a movie on just for him. We watch tv and movies with him in the room, but he's never shown more than fleeting interest. With this one, it was complete fixation the whole half hour. (This was the day we were trying to finish up the painting and needed to distract him.)


Daddy thought Nathan needed a big dump truck for his birthday. So far, all that Nathan thinks that the truck should be hauling is himself.

First bubble bath. He was a bit freaked out at the bubbles and didn't want to sit down in them. But then I showed him how they "pop" (disappear) when you smack them in your hands and he was smacking the water all over the place and soaking me and the rug.
That's all I got, folks. Maybe someday soon I'll be inspired and have something interesting for you, "my devoted public" (as Paul calls you). Or maybe you'll have to just live with looking at pictures of my adorable Munchkin for the rest of all time.

4 comments:

carrie said...

pictures work for me!

Anonymous said...

baby crack allows you to feed 15 calf bottles, the horse, the dog, and whatever other random livestock is present while leaving the munchkin in the baby bouncer in the warm house....BRING ON THE PIPE

Awesome Mom said...

Kid pictures are always great filler!

Tricia said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I was so excited to see it on there! I didn't know if anyone read it or not. :)
The purple is pretty new, so it may have been the first time you saw it. It is so hard to know what to do about working a couple of hours, like you said. Running errands with two kids is very difficult, but if it's not too close to nap time, then I usually do ok. I time most of my errands while Tony is at home with them too! It is nice for a break for me too!
Veggie Tales is the Baby Crack of choice around our house. Then you don't have to feel so guilty, because they are learning about God at the same time!