Monday, August 18, 2008

Moronic Mondays: Have Aliens Invaded???

A week ago when my friend Carrie, The Gremlin Wrangler, mentioned that she'd be doing a special on how crappy Mondays were this week, I got all excited. Because my house is usually a special case of Disasterness come Mondays - we have church Sunday mornings, and if we're not doing something with family in the afternoon, I get hit with a 10-ton case of I Need An Afternoon Nap. Then Sunday nights I'm completely lethargic, and my babysitting boys come bright and early before I can do anything about it. (In my defense, I usually clean the kitchen while they're there.)
So after a week of preparing to bare my secrets (or not so secret - you've all seen my house), I find that I only have this to show you:
What's this? Only clean dishes?? A mopped floor?

You can see the table???? And it's not all stacked on the desk? (What's on the desk is the normal stuff - our Bibles and such.) What in the world happened?

My in-laws happened. They came over for supper last night, so I semi-cleaned the house - basically just put away the stuff that had piled up on the table and washed the dishes. I didn't get as much done as I wanted, because I got hit by the I Need An Afternoon Nap bus, but while I was napping, Paul mopped the floor for me. (Yes, he's wonderful. And all mine.)

Then after supper, I was putting Nathan to bed, and I came down to a completely clean kitchen. I hate it when my guests clean for me, but it felt so good to wake up to a clean kitchen!

But it was definitely Monday in other parts of the house. Here we have the laundry situation, in all of its ugliness.

In the bathroom.

And the bedroom.

And the bad thing is.... It's 3 o'clock, and I still haven't touched it. And I'd like to point out that my son rarely wears clothes (don't judge me - it's just easier for me), so that's all from two adults.

Still, it might get put off 'til Tuesday. Because stuff won't get dry on the line this late in the day.....

(I'm the queen of excuses!)

3 comments:

carrie said...

it's only because I know you that I'll forgive you for putting those photos of a clean house on this post assignment.

And the laundry disasterousness does make up for it a little.

I didn't have many dishes early today because I cleaned yesterday. It looks worse in there now than this morning. Oh well, there's always next week.

Awesome Mom said...

The need for a Sunday nap hits me hard too. When your son is a bit bigger you can con him into thinking that it is a cool game to throw clothing in the washer. We have a front loader that is the perfect height for my two boys and they beg (yes beg) me to let them help with the laundry.

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the plastic fast food extra-large size cup on the floor in the bathroom....:)