Thursday, July 3, 2008

I am So Blessed

I went outside tonight to take care of my flowers after I put Nathan to bed. It was a gorgeous night, a refreshing change to the normal July weather we've been having.
After I finished up with my flowers, I went and sat on the swing. As the cool breeze wafted against my face, I listened to the boom and crackle of distant fireworks, the frogs chirping, and the mockingbird singing. I enjoyed the colors of the sunset, and all I could think was,
"Lord, thank You."
He has given me so much more than I deserve, more than I ever would have thought to ask for. And I am so ungrateful, always complaining about something. And I know he has more blessings in store, blessings I didn't even ask for, yet He's chosen to give.
I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Doug or Janice Rhodes said...

Amen! I still tend to wait for the "big" blessings rather than pay attention to all the details. We have an awesome God!! And we are so blessed to have added you and Nathan to our family tree.
Mom R