Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rachel's Recipes

I've had something similar at a restaurant, so decided to try it myself.

GRILLED CHEESE BLTs
2 slices bread (Texas toast is best.)
2 slices cheese
1 thin slice tomato
several slices of bacon (I used packaged "real bacon" bacon bits. I'm lazy.)

You all know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich, I'm sure. For this recipe, simply put the bacon and tomato on between the two slices of cheese. Grill it until it's nice and toasty and melted.
If you want lettuce or spinach or other "greenery", put it on after it's cooked, else it will get all floppy and limp and gross. (I learned this the hard way.)
The only thing it's missing is a mayonaise, but I couldn't figure out how to cook it with the mayo without having it fall apart.
Quite scrumptuous. I'm pretty sure I'll will never have a grilled cheese without tomato from now on.

No comments: