Saturday, June 7, 2008

6 Quirky Things About Me

Finally getting around to Carrie's tag. Then off of her tag, I was tagged again by Lurenda and Justin.

THE RULES:
* Link to the person who tagged you.
* Mention the rules in your blog.
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
* Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking to them.

MY QUIRKS:
1. I can't cook a real meal unless the kitchen is clean. Like dishes washed, counters wiped, faucets shining. And I hate HATE H-A-T-E cleaning the kitchen. So we eat a lot of grilled cheese, quesadillas, etc. - the types of meals that don't require any prep.
2. I am double-jointed in my thumbs.
3. I have an abnormal amount of gray hair for a 25-year-old. Am I 25? Or is it 26? Let's see... 1982.... That makes me.... Okay, I'm turning 26 here in two weeks. But still. I have a lot of gray hairs.
4. I'm obsessed with peeling skin on sunburns. The one on my back is peeling and it's driving me crazy because I can't see it.
5. I am completely obsessed with weather reports. I will watch 3 hours of crap morning show "news" (complete drivel) just to see if anything changes when they do the short 30-second weather clips every 15 minutes. And I watched two solid hours of non-stop severe weather coverage the other night (no commercials even), even though the storm was 100 miles away and not effecting us at all yet.
6. You can "air tickle" (the tickling motion, without actually touching the skin) my feet and I will still twitch and squirm and maybe even squeal.

And I don't have 6 people to tag that haven't already been tagged and filled it out. So I'll tag those I know that read this blog, and have their own: JC, Tiffany, Sam, Rachel, Elizabeth (post it on your MySpace) and Carlsie (I don't have a link for her, but I'm with Lurenda - get yourself a blog already!).

2 comments:

Lavonda Pflug said...

Hi, Remember me? My girls told me about your blog so I thought I'd say hi. I started with the gray hair at 25 too. Hubby wants me to keep it brown a while longer so my "natural" color comes from a box. I've got a lot of silver roots by now! You've got a cute little one for sure! Tell your family "hello" from the Pflugs. We will be passing through that way tomorrow as we are on our way to MN. Check out my blog to see what we are up to these days. (And leave comments, I love 'em.)

carrie said...

I had the weather streaming from channel 13 online and set to the same channel on the tv in my room the other night. I called in to work (Xavier also had a fever) and we didn't even get hit that hard.

I'm glad, but now I'm kinda glad he had that fever because had I just called in for the weather, I would know look like a total fool.